INSPIRE: the power of partnership
Partnership is important to Pfizer and our scientists, across the world. That’s why we have created a global network of strategic partnerships with research centres through our INSPIRE programme (Investigator Networks, Site Partnerships and Infrastructure for Research Excellence).
A number of these are located here in the UK:
- West Wiltshire Research Group
- Cornwall Clinical Research Group (CCRG) GP Network
- Clinical Research Network (CRN) Greater Manchester
- Newcastle Upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust
- Scotland: one INSPIRE Site delivered through four Scottish NHS Health Boards (NHS Grampian, NHS Greater Glasgow &Clyde, NHS Lothian and NHS Tayside)
- Clinical Research Network (CRN) South West Peninsula
Each site has to meet strict criteria, demonstrating that it is highly productive and effective in medicines research and development.
- Running clinical trial programmes to the highest standards and to timelines
- Ensuring dedicated, high quality staff and resources for conducting clinical trials
- Ensuring a positive experience for those patients participating in trials
- Expertise in the key disease areas that Pfizer is researching in its medicines pipeline.
What are the benefits?
INSPIRE sites benefit in a number of ways. For example, they are more likely to be recommended for Pfizer’s clinical trials.
From Pfizer’s point of view, we enjoy long-term partnerships with sites that are familiar with our processes and systems. The programme provides an exciting opportunity to help us find and deliver the treatments of the future, advancing scientific research for the benefit of patients in the UK and around the world.
The programme also enables us to help bring more clinical trials to the UK, supporting the governments ambition to make the UK a world leader in life sciences.