Pfizer UK Carbon footprint summary:
- Pfizer UK’s direct carbon emissions are under 10k tonnes of CO2e. This represents just under 1% of the total Pfizer Inc. Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions.
- Almost three quarters of our Scope 1 & 2 emissions in the UK are generated in our Sandwich Research & Development and Pilot manufacturing site.
- Our Cambridge and Walton Oaks office facilities run on 100% renewable electricity.
- Our fleet of company vehicles accounts for 14% of our direct carbon emissions.
- Pfizer UK’s scope 3 emissions account for over 90% of our total value chain emissions. The majority of that comes from purchased goods and services. Business travel accounts for around 8% of our total Scope 3 emissions, mostly air travel related emissions (2019 baseline).
Electric Vehicle Fleet
In 2021 we launched a pilot programme for electric vehicles (EVs) in the UK Fleet as part of a wider Pfizer programme to evaluate more sustainable fleet solutions. The UK is among the first countries in the Pfizer network to launch such a pilot; along with Germany, The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Norway and Sweden. The number of EVs in the UK pilot will be the largest of any Pfizer EV pilot to date and will provide valuable insight to help us plan the transition away from internal combustion engines.